Dental Flossing is an extremely important part of daily oral hygiene routine. Regular flossing helps remove harmful bacteria between teeth and gums. Plaque is generated from bacteria that can be very destructive to tooth enamel and create cavities. By flossing regularly it can help lessen bad breath and lower the risk of cavities and gum disease. These dental issues can lead to serious dental and oral health problems. Flossing should be part of your daily oral hygiene routine along with brushing and mouthwash.
Benefits of Using Dental Floss
Flossing can help clean the areas of the teeth and gums that regular toothbrush cannot reach. There are many other ways flossing can benefit oral health.
1. Reduce and prevent cavities and tooth decay
2. Reduce plaque build up
3. Prevent gum disease (Periodontal Disease/Infection)
4. Reduce bad breath
5. Ultimately, if you can accomplish the first four then you’ll save money at the dentist’s office
How to Dental Floss Properly
1. Use a 15 to 18 inch piece of floss
2. Slide the floss up and down in between your teeth, wrapping it around each tooth in a “C” shape
3. Using a floss holder can help make the process a lot easier on you
Need to schedule your six month dental appointment? Call Randallwood Dental Today!
Routine dental exam is the best way to prevent cavities and detect serious dental problems including gum disease and oral cancer. Be sure to schedule your next dental appointment with Dr. Rene Tanquilut at Randallwood Dental. Call us today at (630) 280-3774 or via the contact form on our website at www.randallwooddental.com to schedule your next appointment. Our office is conveniently located to serve patients in St Charles, Geneva, and Batavia area.
Have a great day!
Rene Tanquilut, DDS, FAGD, FICOI
Dental implants are generally a good option for missing teeth rather than dental bridges or dentures. Historically, the only treatment options available for missing teeth were bridges and dentures. With advancement in dental implant procedures, people with missing teeth have one more option.
Since dental implants are shaped after the structure of your natural teeth, as a result provide a highly stable support for the replacement teeth. Dental implant can also be utilized to support crowns, implanted supported bridges, or denture.
Many benefits of dental implants
- You can eat variety of foods you want. Dental implants can help restore the amount of pressure that you can apply while chewing. With dental implants you can apply same amount of pressure as you would with healthy natural teeth, making it easier for you to enjoy any food you like.
- Help prevent bone loss. With the absence of a natural tooth there is a loss of bone volume (up to 30%) in that specific area. This can also lead to other surrounding teeth to drift and/or loosen due to extreme biting forces on the remaining teeth and thereby make your face appear sunken. Dental implants can help prevent bone loss, improve your bite and can improve your appearance.
- Longevity and durability. With good oral hygiene and care, dental implants can last a lifetime.
- Improve comfort level. Since dental implants are securely anchored to the jawbone, there is no need for denture adhesives and/or use of other teeth. The result is restored function and a greatly increased level of comfort.
- Improve self-esteem. Your smile accounts for 1/3 of your face and dental implants can give you back your smile and help improve your self-esteem.
Need a dental implant? Call Randallwood Dental Today!
If you have any questions and/or would like to schedule a free consultation to find out if you are a candidate for dental implants, please give us a call (630) 280-3774 or contact us via the contact form on our website at http://www.randallwooddental.com/. Our office is conveniently located to serve patients around the St Charles, Geneva, and Batavia area.
Enjoy your day!
Rene Tanquilut, DDS, FAGD, FICOI