Dental implants are generally a good option for missing teeth rather than dental bridges or dentures. Historically, the only treatment options available for missing teeth were bridges and dentures. With advancement in dental implant procedures, people with missing teeth have one more option.
Since dental implants are shaped after the structure of your natural teeth, as a result provide a highly stable support for the replacement teeth. Dental implant can also be utilized to support crowns, implanted supported bridges, or denture.
Many benefits of dental implants
- You can eat variety of foods you want. Dental implants can help restore the amount of pressure that you can apply while chewing. With dental implants you can apply same amount of pressure as you would with healthy natural teeth, making it easier for you to enjoy any food you like.
- Help prevent bone loss. With the absence of a natural tooth there is a loss of bone volume (up to 30%) in that specific area. This can also lead to other surrounding teeth to drift and/or loosen due to extreme biting forces on the remaining teeth and thereby make your face appear sunken. Dental implants can help prevent bone loss, improve your bite and can improve your appearance.
- Longevity and durability. With good oral hygiene and care, dental implants can last a lifetime.
- Improve comfort level. Since dental implants are securely anchored to the jawbone, there is no need for denture adhesives and/or use of other teeth. The result is restored function and a greatly increased level of comfort.
- Improve self-esteem. Your smile accounts for 1/3 of your face and dental implants can give you back your smile and help improve your self-esteem.
Need a dental implant? Call Randallwood Dental Today!
If you have any questions and/or would like to schedule a free consultation to find out if you are a candidate for dental implants, please give us a call (630) 280-3774 or contact us via the contact form on our website at http://www.randallwooddental.com/. Our office is conveniently located to serve patients around the St Charles, Geneva, and Batavia area.
Enjoy your day!