Dental Flossing is an extremely important part of daily oral hygiene routine. Regular flossing helps remove harmful bacteria between teeth and gums. Plaque is generated from bacteria that can be very destructive to tooth enamel and create cavities. By flossing regularly it can help lessen bad breath and lower the risk of cavities and gum disease. These dental issues can lead to serious dental and oral health problems. Flossing should be part of your daily oral hygiene routine along with brushing and mouthwash.
Benefits of Using Dental Floss
Flossing can help clean the areas of the teeth and gums that regular toothbrush cannot reach. There are many other ways flossing can benefit oral health.
1. Reduce and prevent cavities and tooth decay
2. Reduce plaque build up
3. Prevent gum disease (Periodontal Disease/Infection)
4. Reduce bad breath
5. Ultimately, if you can accomplish the first four then you’ll save money at the dentist’s office
How to Dental Floss Properly
1. Use a 15 to 18 inch piece of floss
2. Slide the floss up and down in between your teeth, wrapping it around each tooth in a “C” shape
3. Using a floss holder can help make the process a lot easier on you
Need to schedule your six month dental appointment? Call Randallwood Dental Today!
Routine dental exam is the best way to prevent cavities and detect serious dental problems including gum disease and oral cancer. Be sure to schedule your next dental appointment with Dr. Rene Tanquilut at Randallwood Dental. Call us today at (630) 280-3774 or via the contact form on our website at www.randallwooddental.com to schedule your next appointment. Our office is conveniently located to serve patients in St Charles, Geneva, and Batavia area.
Have a great day!