Fix crowded, crooked and chipped teeth with Invisalign
We offer our patients a multitude of options that would achieve the results that they want for a gorgeous Smile Makeover. We offer the choice of an orthodontic care, but many of our patients don’t like the look and feel of traditional metal braces. Invisalign is a great alternative and works great to straighten teeth. Invisalign is a method of orthodontic treatment, which uses a series of clear, removable tray aligners used as an alternative to traditional metal dental braces. During the initial consultation with the patient, Dr. Rene Tanquilut will discuss in detail to determine if a patient is a good candidate for Invisalign. In most cases, crowded teeth can be straightened invisibly without braces. Dr. Rene Tanquilut will take x-rays, pictures and impressions of patient’s teeth, which Invisalign will use to create a digital 3-D image of them. From these images Dr. Rene Tanquilut will create a precise treatment plan, including the exact movements of patient’s teeth. Based on patient’s individual treatment plan, a series of custom-made, clear aligners is then created specifically for the patient. Patients using Invisalign wear clear trays that gradually move their teeth into proper positions. In most cases, every two weeks, a new set of aligners are given to help patients advance to the next stage of their treatment plan. During each follow up visit, patients are able to see their progress and improvement. Treatment plans vary for each patient, treatment takes approximately 6-12 months for adults patients, depending on the amount of correction desired.
Learn More about Cosmetic Dentistry
Everyone deserves to have a beautiful smile, and you deserve the best dental experience possible! Dr. Tanquilut has the compassion and expertise to provide you with both. If you are interested in learning more about how cosmetic dentistry can benefit you, we encourage you to contact us today at (630) 280-3774 or via the contact form on our website at www.randallwooddental.come to schedule your next appointment. Our office is conveniently located in St Charles, Illinois to serve patients in the St Charles, Geneva, South Elgin and Batavia areas.
Need to schedule your and your child’s six month dental appointment? Call Randallwood Dental at (630) 280-3774 today!
Every Fall kids of all ages anxiously wait for Halloween. A big question Dr. Rene Tanquilut is asked time and time again by concerned parents is how to reduce the “sugary” effects of eating all that Halloween candies.
Let’s face it, kids will be kids and they all will be anxious to eat the candies that they collected during their annual Halloween trip around the neighborhood. Sweets and candies are great treats for kids, when taken in moderation; however, in excess they aren’t good for children’s oral health nor their organ systems. Sugar consumption without proper dental hygiene can lead to tooth decay and cavities.
Halloween is a great time for both parents and children to learn new dental hygiene practices to maintain their dental health throughout the year.
Dental Tips for Halloween
By following the dental tips for Halloween below, parents can help prevent tooth decay for their children while teaching them good dental hygiene habits:
- Be selective. Not all Halloween treats are bad for kids. Dr. Rene Tanquilut recommends that parents let their kids eat candies that melt fast and can be eaten quickly. It’s always a good idea to avoid gooey and sticky sweets like caramels that can linger and stick to teeth for long time.
- Brushing. Be sure that your children brush their teeth soon after eating any sugary candies. Brushing will lessen the amount of time the sugar stays in contact with the teeth and will help prevent tooth decay.
- Remove the excess candies. It is always a good idea to not leave Halloween candies around the house after the Halloween is over to limit consumption.
- Limit consumption. Limit the number of candies you and child consume in a day. A better idea is to hold back candies and eat one or two pieces as after meal treat. Then have your children immediately brush their teeth to neutralize the sugar.
- Chew gum! Xylitol, a fluoride like substance in sugarless Trident White gum can help remineralize any initial acidic breakdown of enamel.
- Eat a balanced meal. Be sure that your children eat well balanced meal prior to their trip around the neighborhood to limit their candy consumption.
- Routine dental exam. Be sure to visit Randallwood Dental every six months to prevent dental problems and catch any problems as early as possible.
If you and you children don’t maintain your teeth properly, you may be opening yourself up to tooth decay, gum disease, and possibly tooth loss over time. Properly caring for your teeth, visiting your dentist regularly, and following the 7 tips above can help you and your family keep healthy smiles and enjoy the Halloween festivities. Candy is not necessarily the enemy; the enemy is not maintaining diligent dental hygiene protocols. As always visit Dr. Rene Tanquilut and his team at Randallwood Dental regularly for dental examinations and professional teeth cleanings.
Need to schedule your and your child’s six month dental appointment? Call Randallwood Dental Today!
Routine dental exam is the best way to prevent cavities and detect serious dental problems including gum disease and oral cancer. Be sure to schedule your next dental appointment with Dr. Rene Tanquilut at Randallwood Dental. Call us today at (630) 280-3774 or via the contact form on our website at www.randallwooddental.comto schedule your next appointment. Our office is conveniently located to serve patients in the St Charles, Geneva, South Elgin and Batavia areas.
Dental Flossing is an extremely important part of daily oral hygiene routine. Regular flossing helps remove harmful bacteria between teeth and gums. Plaque is generated from bacteria that can be very destructive to tooth enamel and create cavities. By flossing regularly it can help lessen bad breath and lower the risk of cavities and gum disease. These dental issues can lead to serious dental and oral health problems. Flossing should be part of your daily oral hygiene routine along with brushing and mouthwash.
Benefits of Using Dental Floss
Flossing can help clean the areas of the teeth and gums that regular toothbrush cannot reach. There are many other ways flossing can benefit oral health.
1. Reduce and prevent cavities and tooth decay
2. Reduce plaque build up
3. Prevent gum disease (Periodontal Disease/Infection)
4. Reduce bad breath
5. Ultimately, if you can accomplish the first four then you’ll save money at the dentist’s office
How to Dental Floss Properly
1. Use a 15 to 18 inch piece of floss
2. Slide the floss up and down in between your teeth, wrapping it around each tooth in a “C” shape
3. Using a floss holder can help make the process a lot easier on you
Need to schedule your six month dental appointment? Call Randallwood Dental Today!
Routine dental exam is the best way to prevent cavities and detect serious dental problems including gum disease and oral cancer. Be sure to schedule your next dental appointment with Dr. Rene Tanquilut at Randallwood Dental. Call us today at (630) 280-3774 or via the contact form on our website at www.randallwooddental.com to schedule your next appointment. Our office is conveniently located to serve patients in St Charles, Geneva, and Batavia area.
Have a great day!
Rene Tanquilut, DDS, FAGD, FICOI
Dental implants are generally a good option for missing teeth rather than dental bridges or dentures. Historically, the only treatment options available for missing teeth were bridges and dentures. With advancement in dental implant procedures, people with missing teeth have one more option.
Since dental implants are shaped after the structure of your natural teeth, as a result provide a highly stable support for the replacement teeth. Dental implant can also be utilized to support crowns, implanted supported bridges, or denture.
Many benefits of dental implants
- You can eat variety of foods you want. Dental implants can help restore the amount of pressure that you can apply while chewing. With dental implants you can apply same amount of pressure as you would with healthy natural teeth, making it easier for you to enjoy any food you like.
- Help prevent bone loss. With the absence of a natural tooth there is a loss of bone volume (up to 30%) in that specific area. This can also lead to other surrounding teeth to drift and/or loosen due to extreme biting forces on the remaining teeth and thereby make your face appear sunken. Dental implants can help prevent bone loss, improve your bite and can improve your appearance.
- Longevity and durability. With good oral hygiene and care, dental implants can last a lifetime.
- Improve comfort level. Since dental implants are securely anchored to the jawbone, there is no need for denture adhesives and/or use of other teeth. The result is restored function and a greatly increased level of comfort.
- Improve self-esteem. Your smile accounts for 1/3 of your face and dental implants can give you back your smile and help improve your self-esteem.
Need a dental implant? Call Randallwood Dental Today!
If you have any questions and/or would like to schedule a free consultation to find out if you are a candidate for dental implants, please give us a call (630) 280-3774 or contact us via the contact form on our website at http://www.randallwooddental.com/. Our office is conveniently located to serve patients around the St Charles, Geneva, and Batavia area.
Enjoy your day!
Rene Tanquilut, DDS, FAGD, FICOI